Today we will talk something about beautiful garnet.
It's not difficult for people to fall in love with this gorgeous red stone, but how much do you really know about it? Garnet boasts its status as the birthstone and it's also used to commemorate special wedding anniversaries – but what else is there?
Fun Facts About Garnet
- Red garnet is the most familiar variety, but the stone can come in nearly every shade you can think of – from colorless varieties to black.
- Unlike other gemstones that needed to be mined from the earth, garnet is found in areas where certain varieties of other rocks have weathered down – usually in small streams, creeks, or puddles.
- Garnet is also a stone affiliated with the zodiac signs of Capricorn (Dec. 22 – Jan. 19) and Aquarius (Jan. 20 – Feb. 18).
- Garnet has been a favorite of warriors for centuries. In some Asian territories, it was believed that glowing garnets, which could be used as bullets, inflicted more severe wounds.
- The name “garnet” comes from the Latin “Granatum,” known now as Pomegranate – the color similarity was uncanny.
Are you a lover of fan for garnet? Do you try to work this gorgeous red stone into your style on a daily basis?