Buy 2 Get 2 FREE
add 4 items to cart, 2 will be free when checkout
Pearls have been a symbol of class, style and elegance for centuries. From eastern cultures to modern-day fashion trends, pearls have evolved with time but still retain their sophisticated luster. When paired with silver, the combination creates a versatile and timeless piece of jewelry.
Different Types of Pearl Necklaces
When it comes to pearls, there are several varieties that are used in silver pearl necklaces:
Freshwater pearls are usually the most affordable variety of pearl, making silver freshwater pearl necklaces a popular choice. They can be found in a range of shapes, sizes, and colors. A single strand silver freshwater pearl necklace can be paired with business attire or casual wear for an understated but classy look.
Akoya pearls are considered classic and are the most commonly used in pearl necklaces. They are usually round and have high lustre and amazing reflective qualities. Their size and evenness in shape make them an easy choice in creating a uniform and classic piece, making them ideal for fine sterling silver pearls that’s perfect for special occasions.
South Sea Pearls
South Sea pearls are known for their exceptionally large size and lustrous surface. They are quite expensive and rare, making them a luxury item. A silver south sea pearl necklace is perfect for formal events, adding a touch of luxury and glamour to any elegant dress or gown.
Tahitian pearls are known for their unique color, ranging from deep blacks to light grays. The unique surface colors add to the beauty and sophistication of any silver Tahitian pearl necklace.
Understanding Pearl Grading
Pearls are graded based on their luster, surface quality, color, and shape. Grade A pearls have the highest luster and least amount of flaws and are the most expensive. Lower grades tend to have more blemishes or surface imperfections. It is important to check for quality grading when purchasing your pearl necklace.
Determining Which Necklace is Right For You
When choosing a pearl necklace, consider your personal style and occasion. A simple elegant single strand silver pearl necklace is perfect for everyday wear, while a more extravagant multi-strand necklace is best suited for a special occasion. Select a pearl size that complements your frame and remember that different necklaces create various thoughts and expressions, just like clothing.
Caring for Silver Pearl Necklaces
Pearls need to be properly cared for to maintain their luminosity. Avoid exposing them to chemicals, such as hairspray or fragrance, and keep them away from direct sunlight. Wipe them with a soft, damp cloth to remove dirt and oils that could build up and mild liquid soap for a more thorough cleaning wash.
How To Style Silver Pearl Necklaces
A silver pearl necklace can be styled in several different ways for various occasions:
For formal events, a multi-strand silver pearl necklace can be paired with a black dress or gown to create an elegant look.
A single-strand silver pearl necklace can be dressed down with jeans and a white t-shirt for a classy yet casual day look.
A long silver pearl necklace can be the perfect accessory for beachwear, adding a touch of elegance to a simple swimsuit or beach dress.
- What is the best way to clean a silver pearl necklace?
- You can clean your silver pearl necklace with a soft, damp cloth and mild liquid soap. Avoid using chemicals or abrasive materials that could damage the pearls.
- Can pearls be worn every day?
- Pearls are durable and can be worn every day, but it is important to care for them properly to maintain their shine and luster.
- Are silver pearl necklaces more expensive than gold pearl necklaces?
- The price of a pearl necklace depends on the type of pearl used, quality, and the style of the necklace, rather than the metal used.
- Can silver pearl necklaces be paired with other jewelry?
- Yes, silver pearl necklaces can be paired with almost any type of jewelry, such as silver and pearl earrings or bracelets.
- How can I tell if a pearl necklace is real?
- You can determine if apearl necklace is real by looking for certain characteristics. Real pearls will have a unique luster and shine, and will feel cool to the touch. They will also have imperfections and irregularities in shape, whereas fake pearls will be uniform in shape and have a plastic-like appearance. You can also perform a "tooth test" by gently rubbing the pearl against your teeth - real pearls will feel gritty and slightly rough, while fake pearls will feel smooth. It is important to purchase from a reputable seller and ask for a certificate of authenticity to ensure you are getting a genuine pearl necklace.