Buy 2 Get 2 FREE
add 4 items to cart, 2 will be free when checkout
What is Turquoise?
Turquoise is a blue-green mineral that has been used in jewelry for thousands of years. It is formed when copper and aluminum minerals combine with water and a phosphate mineral called apatite. The color of turquoise depends on several factors, including the mineral content, the location where it was mined, and the treatment it has undergone.
The History and Meaning of Turquoise
Turquoise has been prized by civilizations around the world for its beauty and spiritual properties. Ancient Egyptians used it in jewelry, while Native American tribes considered it a sacred stone that helped with communication, protection, and healing. In many cultures, turquoise is believed to bring good luck and ward off evil spirits.
The Different Styles and Designs of Turquoise Bracelets
Turquoise bracelets come in a range of styles and designs, from simple and understated to bold and intricate. Here are some of the most popular styles:
This style of turquoise bracelet features chunky stones in earthy colors, often set in silver or copper. It is characterized by its rustic, handmade look and is popular in the American Southwest.
This type of bracelet features a single large turquoise stone, often set in silver or gold. It is a classic and timeless style that can be dressed up or down.
A beaded turquoise bracelet features smaller, faceted beads that are strung together. It is a more delicate and feminine style that is perfect for stacking with other bracelets.
A cuff bracelet is a wide, flat piece of metal that has been shaped to fit around the wrist. Turquoise is often set into the center of the cuff, creating a bold and eye-catching look.
How to Care for Your Turquoise Bracelet
Turquoise is a relatively soft stone that can be easily scratched or damaged. To care for your turquoise bracelet, follow these simple tips:
Avoid Exposure to Heat and Sunlight
Turquoise can fade or become discolored when exposed to too much heat or sunlight. To prevent this, store your bracelet in a cool, dark place when not in use.
Keep Away from Chemicals
Turquoise is also sensitive to chemicals, so avoid exposing your bracelet to any harsh cleaning agents or beauty products.
To clean your turquoise bracelet, use a soft, damp cloth to wipe away any dirt or grime. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials that could scratch the stone.
- What is the history of turquoise?
- Turquoise has been used in jewelry for thousands of years and has a rich history in many different cultures, including the Ancient Egyptians and Native American tribes.
- What does turquoise symbolize?
- Turquoise is believed to have many spiritual properties, including good luck, protection, and healing.
- What are the different styles of turquoise bracelets?
- Turquoise bracelets come in a range of styles, from Southwestern-style chunky stones to delicate beaded bracelets.
- How should I care for my turquoise bracelet?
- Turquoise is relatively soft and sensitive to heat and chemicals. To care for your bracelet, keep it away from harsh chemicals and clean it gently with a soft, damp cloth.
- Where can I find high-quality turquoise bracelets?
- Look for reputable sellers who offer responsibly-sourced, high-quality turquoise bracelets. Consider browsing online marketplaces or visiting local jewelry stores.